Designed circa 1900, silvered metal, blue leaded glass
141⁄2in. (37cm.) diameter; 63⁄4in. (17cm.) approximate height.
Used extensively at Mackintosh's flat at 120 Mains Street, Glasgow, where they were originally converted gas lights. Mackintosh removed them to his house at 18 Southpark Avenue in 1906 where they were adapted to electric fittings. Similar designs were also used at the White Room of the Ingram Street Tea Rooms in 1900.
Lit: Roger Billcliffe, Charles Rennie Mackintosh, The Complete Furniture, Furniture Drawings and Interior Designs, New York, 1979, pl.D.1897.38, pl.1900.G and pl.1906.C, D, E & F (the design illustrated)