This 1924 ashtray is one of the earliest designs by Marianne Brandt and dates back to the beginning af her activity at the Bauhaus. lt consists of a hemisphere of brass on a triangular base and a removable, nickelplated lid with a triangular opening for the ash. In 1925 this ashtray was illustrated in Bauhaus Book No. 7 by Walter Gropius, „Neue Arbeiten der Bauhauswerkstätten“, Albert Langen Verlag, Munich. In order to ascertain dimensions and materials for the reproduction, we had at our disposal one of the original prototypes, courtesy of the Bauhaus-museum in Berlin. All ashtrays bear the Bauhaus seal, the MB and Tecnolumen logos, and are numbered consecutively.