A 100% outdoor company
Innovation, design research, technology: RODA, Italian spearhead in the production of high quality outdoor furniture, proposes its own vision of the Italian design in the world, dictating with its collections the lines of a sophisticated and cosmopolitan style.
Over twenty years of experience and successes, outcome of the acute intuition of the founder, Roberto Pompa, the first to introduce the concept of „IN & OUT“.
RODA opens a new era, conceiving a new dimension of living that goes beyond the borders of the house: indoor and outdoor mingle with a harmonic language, in a spatial and conceptual continuum.
The philosophy of RODA is based on the belief that it is possible to enjoy the outsides like a true interior design project, in which colors, materials and shapes remain faithful to the value of the spontaneity of living en plein air. Clean, rigorous and balanced lines give rise to materic and seductive collections, with a perfect geometry.
A universal project, articulate, complex and complete, led by the timely coordination efforts of Rodolfo Dordoni and developed over the years around precise values:
• the taste, sensitive and sophisticated, is the fil rouge of every project that crosses the boundary between indoors and outdoors. The outdoors are furnished with the same care of the interiors; standing in the garden, on the terrace, under a porch, is not only appropriating of an exterior room, but it becomes another expression of living. A luxury of our days: the well-being due to the time we devote to ourselves;
• the mimetic design: RODA furniture is not simply positioned outside, but it is intimately linked to the external environment too, where the colors of the materials can change and shift, almost looking for a unique and unrepeatable symbiosis with nature;
• the perception of a Mediterranean flavor, natural, warm, welcoming and well-balanced in the shapes, describes cozy atmospheres, always able to reinvent and change every time where colors and materials blend in a harmonic union;
• the identity of unique pieces, extremely recognizable, characterized by a strong personality that makes each item different from the others, but all sons of the same design thinking at the same time;
• the versatility, the ability of RODA to move with elegance between inside and outside, to adapt to all environments, to be modular and match crosswise with any other piece of furniture, creating environments in which every choice is the total expression the personality of its inhabitant. The fabric project of RODA favors this principle, anticipating trends, with references to the tradition filtered through modern sensibilities;
• the quality and durability, an attentive research of the finishes and an extreme care of details, to offer great durability and comfort; the materials, carefully selected, such as solid teak, natural stones, stainless steel, woven belts that, exasperated by the weather conditions, acquire a taste authentically lived, proving our existence;
• the experience, which can be translated into tradition, innovation and competence, the key words which mark the entire production of the outdoor furniture of RODA, the result of years of work and efforts.
RODA was founded in Gavirate (Varese) in 1990.
From 1990 to 2000, the company develops increasingly in Italy first and then in the world with the production of outdoor furniture in teak, characterized by quality and design.
At the same time, RODA becomes the exclusive distributor in Italy for some prestigious brands in the outdoor industry, including Dedon and Tuuci, still distributed.
In 2004, RODA is the first manufacturer of outdoor furniture that turns its thoughts to collections that have the same cultural matrix of the interior, so contiguous to the outdoors to be able to interface harmoniously with them.
This is the major turning point which led to the identification of Rodolfo Dordoni as the proper interpreter or RODA’s projects.
From his drawings, the articulated NETWORK collection, which perfectly expresses this thought and this new way of living, was born; this collection leads RODA to be the pioneer of the innovative concept of “IN and OUT”, of which RODA claims full authorship.
The creative team of RODA, still leaded by Rodolfo Dordoni, is enriched during the years by the presence of another famous designer Gordon Guillaumier and of the stylist and colorist Gabriella Zecca, who helped to increase the sophisticated taste of RODA.
In 2007, RODA presents “the Catalog”, a unique book which clearly codified its innovative approach to the world of the outdoors and to the interior design, suggesting multiple scenarios in which the furniture alternate between the inside and the outside, in perfect harmony.
Subsequent works confirmed the attention to detail, where nothing is left to chance: the fabrics and the materials become an integral part of a vision that redraws the boundaries between IN and OUT, offering incredible possibilities of combination.
In addition to many important private realizations, RODA features collaborations with shipyards and contract supplies, both in Italy and abroad, including: Relais San Maurizio, San Stefano Belbo (Italia) | Open Colonna, Roma (Italia) Le Fay Resorts, Lago di Garda (Italia) | Hotel Villa Honegg Ennetbürgen (Svizzera) Alma Sevilla, Siviglia (Spagna) | Alma Barcelona, Barcellona (Spagna) Restaurant Pez Vela, Barcellona (Spagna) | Costa Navarino, Messinia (Grecia) Amstel Hotel, Amsterdam (Paesi Bassi) | Macakizi, Bodrum (Turkey) | Mandarin Oriental, Mugla (Turkey).
A 100% outdoor company