- Meccanica | Wood
- Meccanica | Wood
- Valcucine >
- Gabriele Centazzo >
- Architonic ID:
demode (engineered by Valcucine) has reinvented the kitchen furniture system by working on the utmost simplification of the carcass: in fact, the framework of the Meccanica furniture consists of a set of iron tubes that can be easily assembled by the customer. Cancer-inducing formaldehyde vapours are avoided because no glues are used. The system has been conceived to achieve maximum dematerialisation because it can be planned without carcass side panels and doors to obtain a completely bare skeleton using the minimum possible quantity of material necessary. Storage has been reorganised aesthetically and practically thanks to the possibility of adding exposed shelves and jumbo drawers. The system can also be extended to and further developed later on.
The doors are available in multilayer pinewood as well as in various aniline stains, in metal or in technical materials such as stretch fabric which is very easy to look after: because it is stain resistant and can be machine washed. The worktops are in multilayer laminate. Thanks to its extreme flexibility and customisation possibilities, Meccanica can be used to furnish different areas in the home including the kitchen, the living room area, the laundry room down to the most informal rooms. Purchase costs can be reduced further if the end user chooses to personally assemble the units by himself. In fact, demode offers two price ranges, a more expensive including assembly and a less expensive one that excludes it.
THE ADVANTAGES OF THE MECCANICA SYSTEM
1. It can be dismantled _ Meccanica’s framework system has been designed to be easily dismantle at the end of its lifecycle for future reconditioning or recycling, or during its lifecycle so that it can be moved to a different place.
2. 100% Recyclable 90% Reusable _ All the Meccanica base unit frames are in iron, a material that is 100% recyclable. Valcucine is committed to recycle the product at the end of its lifecycle in line with the End of lifecycle take-back Guarantee provided and estimates to be able to recover 90% of the product. All the frames are sanded down and lacquered to be used again as new.
3. No glues _ Thanks to the sole presence of mechanical joints we exclude the use of glues and reduce formaldehyde emissions to zero.
4. Long technical-aesthetic life _ Long life is guaranteed by the fact that the product can be extremely customised, recomposed and is versatile.
5. Customisation _ All the door types for the Meccanica system (available in wood, metal and covered with removable fabric) can be customised in various colours and matched with various aesthetic solutions to create a variety of styles. In addition to the standard versions, the frames can also be lacquered with non-standard colours on request.
6. Flat transport, minimal packaging, easy to move.
7. D.I.Y assembly _ Purchase costs can be reduced further if the end user chooses to personally assemble the units by himself. In fact, demode offers two price bands, a more expensive one that includes assembly and a less expensive one that excludes it.
8. Total heat-resistance and water-repellence _ The metal and the fabrics used for the doors, the multilayer wood of the worktops and doors as well as the multi-layered laminate of the worktops guarantee absolute resistance to steam, water and heat, ensuring a long technical and aesthetic life to the kitchen. To offer the best possible rust-prevention guarantee, the iron used is delivered to a cataphoresis treatment similar to the one used in the car industry.
9. Dematerialised and lightweight units _ The Meccanica system has been conceived to be built around the absence of matter, on empty spaces; in fact, it has been designed using only shelves and jumbo drawers to achieve a light and modern furnishing style thanks to maximum dematerialisation. The innovative doors, available in both fabric and metal, use very slim panels and the minimum quantity of material needed: the frame can be faced with and stretch fabric that is just a few tenths of a millimetre thick for the fabric doors, and 1mm thick iron panel for the metal doors.
10. Guaranteed recovery at the end of its lifecycle: Meccanica has been designed to be reused and 100% recycled. Honourating Valcucine’s Life-long responsibility Guarantee, the company ensures that it will collect the kitchen back at the end of its lifecycle, thus completely eliminating waste.