BIT is the first designer radiator of antoniolupi, it’s a monobloc made of 100% recycled aluminium. BIT is sustainable and tailor-made, with a high degree of possible customization. It is a quick-change product which is able to add to its primary function of heating, other unexpected functions. It’s a sustainable product because it’s made of 100% recycled aluminium, with a saving of 95% with respect to the standard production made with primary aluminium. Aluminium can be recycled perpetually maintaining unchanged its characteristics.
BIT can be adapted to any space and it can be personalized through painting it in the same colour of the wall or in a different colour to create a contrast. The light protrusions in rhythmic sequence create a game of shadows giving to the monobloc certain sculptural features as it were a contemporary low-relief, a quotation of the monochromatic surfaces typical of the minimalistic Avant-gardes in the second half of 1900s.
BIT is not a simple monobloc, it could be defined as a matrix that virtually generates an infinite number of pieces: a single extrusion that can be cut at different heights. A tailor-made designer radiator that can be customized. The length of the element is always 45 cm – but more pieces can be placed side by side- while there are 6 possible heights: 45, 60, 90, 120, 150 and 180 cm.
BIT should meet all heating requirements and it’s available in three different versions: water version, electric version and combined water/electric version. It can be placed in horizontal or vertical position, in the vertical option it can also be supplied with towel holder.
Sustainability of BIT
Aluminium is mostly extracted from minerals of bauxite. It is appreciated because it is soft, light, oxidationresistant and it can be recycled perpetually maintaining unchanged its features. Recycled aluminium allows an important energy saving, each ton of aluminium spares 4 trees. Every year round 60 million tons of
aluminium are produced worldwide. About 33% is obtained from scrap metals (secondary aluminium).
Aluminium has a lower weight and allows better performances if compared with steel:
· On equal size, an aluminium radiator is 17% more efficient than a steel radiator.
· On equal thermal yield, the weight of a radiator made of aluminium is half the weight of one made of steel.
· The flexibility in terms of reaction to different thermal demands of an aluminium radiator is double if compared to a steel radiator.
· On equal thermal yield, aluminium radiators contain a lower quantity of water compared with radiators made of steel or cast iron. This means that it needs less time to heat and less use of boiler, with a consequent reduction of energy costs.
· With aluminium radiators energy savings reach up the 20% even if temperature is modified during the whole day.