The use of rainscreen as an innovative construction system has gainen a good support among architects and contractors, due to its high quality standards, esthetic possibilities and specilly the thermic isolation. The ventilated facade system consists of the backing wall, the isolation material, the air chamber and the exterior wall (ceramic tiles in this case). The channel created by this space causes the "chimney effect" which activates a natural airflow.
Among the many advantages of ventilated facade, we would like to underline the following points.
• Very easy system to assembly. Using a dry system in means of mechanic anchorage.
• All the glazed plates.
• Low maintenance as weather and atmospheric conditions do no stain or discolour the plates and rainfall cleanses the glazed material.
• Ir offers the possiblity to acces behind the plates.
• Protection of the backing wall.
• Energy savings between 25% and 40% compared with traditional construction methods where these do not include thermal isolation.
• There is no degradation over time of either the ceramic plate or in the Proyects.
• Perfect acoustic isolation suitable for theatres, music halls...
• The sysem is suitable for use in both new construction and in remodelling to create a new building easthetic as well as eradicate any wathering or thermal performance problems.