‘Piegato’ is a shelf made of a 1.5mm thick sheet steel. The laser-cut and powder-coated metal sheet is delivered as a flat pack, making parcel shipping simple and inexpensive. The customer then bends the required number of fully-fledged shelves themselves. With the ‘Piegato’, the customer has the option of folding out up to three shelves - the ‘Piegato One’ consists of one single shelf. The entire shelf is fastened to the wall using four screws.
As ‘Piegato’ consists of one piece, the assembly and the bending-out of the angles and shelves by hand can be finished in a short period of time and can be easily handled by one person. The eco-friendly production methods, small pack size and good recyclability of steel shelving characterise the ‘Piegato’ as an environmentally-friendly product. The shelf is very stable and is able to bear a considerable weight without bending. Two side edges stiffen the shelf and double up as a handle bar. Thanks to the ferromagnetic properties of the steel, the shelf can be used as a magnetic board. The bookends which bend out are also very eye-catching.
‘Piegato’ is currently available in black and white. The ‘Piegato One’ however, is available in black, white, yellow, chlorophyll (blue-green), aquamarine (blue) and light red-orange.
- ‘Piegato’ consists of only one piece, meaning the assembly of individual elements is dispensed with.
- It can be bent simply by hand. A tool is only necessary for the four wall screws.
- For three fully-fledged shelves only four screws are necessary.
- Delivered as a flat pack, ‘Piegato’ saves costs and enables inexpensive parcel shipping.
- High load capacity and stability make ‘Piegato’ a fully-fledged shelf.
- Thanks to its ferromagnetic characteristics, ‘Piegato’ can also be used as a magnetic board.
- Both the production methods and the steel’s recyclability characterise ‘Piegato’ as an environmentally-friendly product.
Awards for the ‘Piegato’:
- Special prize at the 3th Marianne Brandt competition
- iF award 2008 (concept award)
- BLICKFANG award 2008 – silver
- d3 contest - laureate
Designer: atelier 522 Christian Lessing Matthias Ries
Serafini | The latest products