Hella Jongerius dressed her iconic Polder sofa in new textiles by Maharam for a special edition of one hundred pieces. The Maharam Polder sofa brings together Hella Jongerius’ unique talent for design and textiles, together with the long-time partners vitra and Maharam. As a patchwork, new warm and earthy shades stretch out between the flat backrest and the seat. Botanical patterns and fabric textures are put on display, highlighting embroidered textiles from the Layers and Borders collections by Hella Jongerius. Complementary are an additional pillow in a new textile by Hella Jongerius as well as Bovist, Hella Jongerius’ pouf from 2005 in matching colours.
- Frame/Supporting structure: wooden frame with belt upholstery.
- Carcass and seat cushions: polyurethane foam and polyester wadding.
- Backrest cushions: polyurethane chips and microfibre
- Armrest cushions: separate, part of a flexible system, with sand weight.
- Cover: fabrics are removable.
- Buttons: made of wood, attached with high-tech yarn.
- Transport: Polder XL can be taken apart for transport.
- Filling: synthetic beads.
Cushion with belt
- Filling: with polyurethane foam and feathers
Designer: Hella Jongerius
Vitra | The latest products