Librum is a new, flexible, economical shelving system developed by Lustrum, Sweden. We specialize in offering solutions for the modern library.
• Build the shelving combinations that are right for you from a range of four standard unit sizes.
• Connect these units however best fits your space; for example, you can connect single to double-sided units.
• If your needs change, you can easily reconfigure the units.
• Select your materials, finish, and any decorative panels and colour from a range of options, including powder-coated steel, melamine and perspex end panels, and a framed system of coloured MDF.
• The structure includes single or double-sided end panels in steel or melamine.
• Shelf planes are made from 1.25 mm thick steel which is then powder coated.
• Steel adjustor feet stabilise the shelves.
• All shelf planes have a book stopper at the back.
• Our systems are easy to assemble with a minimum of tools.
• You can adjust the height of individual shelves in 32 mm steps.
• You can lay shelves flat or sloping, allowing you to display material in different ways.
• If you wish to create a mobile unit, you can add a castor frame.
• We know that the average lifespan for library shelves is 20–30 years and you need a system that’s built to last.
• We use strong, solid materials that are environmentally sustainable.
• All our units come with a five-year warranty on non-moveable parts.
• You can choose your complete system from the start or begin with a basic, cost-effective steel frame and add decorative panels later.
• Our new developments are designed so that you can incorporate them into existing systems.
• Although designed with libraries in mind, Librum works equally well in offices or in the home.
• We can offer customised measurements for some projects; please contact us to discuss what you need.
As well as shelving units, the Librum system includes a full range of accessories:
• media display units
• lighting fixtures
• multi-purpose boxes.
Lustrum | The latest products