Designed and created specifically for the Aula Magna at the new Bocconi University campus in Milan, the Genya armchair uses the stylistic features, minimalist spirit and austere appearance of the building designed by Grafton Architects, so that it becomes a determinative element in the composition. Perfectly integrated in the environment, the armchair states its originality with vigour, interpreting space as an architect interprets architecture: the rows, which are slightly inclined and arranged in a rigorous semicircle, create an urban geometry.
When closed, the seat has the appearance of a compact wall; a monolith inserted in the flooring surface, in which all possible sources of disturbance are designed to remain hidden within the volume. The metal bearing frame is fixed directly to the flooring structure, so as to eliminate any visible supports; while the two arm rests, which open in synchronism with the seat, are regulated by a foldaway movement that integrates them with the seat itself.
Possibility to implement a monitor on the backrest, equipped with a multimedia interactive technological support.
Carefully studied in every detail, Genya guarantees high technical performance and safety, combined with outstanding comfort.
- Conference armchair with tip-up seat and arms that foldaway automatically in a synchronised movement regulated by two cushioned gas devices.
- Supporting internal structure in painted metal with rust-proofing treatment, fixed directly to the floor structure.
- Non-deformable, CFC-free, Class 1 differential density polyurethane foam padding.
- Covering in Class 1 fire-resistant leather.
- Installation on horizontal flooring, sloped flooring and on steps.
- Connection elements and side and corner finishing elements designed to compensate for alignment of the rows with the corridors.
- Built-in monitor system with multimedia interactive technological support