ZUCCHETTI: AN 80-YEAR JOURNEY IN PURSUIT OF EXCELLENCE
Zucchetti's success story first began in a small foundry in Valduggia (in the province of Vercelli) set up by Alfredo Zucchetti in 1929. Today the Zucchetti.Kos Group, led by the third generation, Elena and Carlo, with cousins Marco and Paolo Zucchetti, consists of 4 factories and a logistics centre covering a total of 72,000 square metres, employing 400 people and producing 2 million articles every year.
The basic values of Zucchetti have always been innovation, design, and quality: the essential cornerstones that have guided the firm throughout its history. After an early 'experimental' phase manufacturing industrial valves and fittings, in 1950 the factory was converted to produce fully chromed tapware. In the early 1950s the firm brought in Alfredo's son Mario, an enlightened entrepreneur who went on to lead the company for nearly fifty years. Mario undertook a major expansion of the production, technological and commercial facilities, and completed the large new headquarters at Gozzano (in the province of Novara) which he equipped with advanced manufacturing facilities. Under Mario's direction the Zucchetti brand exhibited at all the most important international trade fairs. During the post-1945 reconstruction period, Mario conquered foreign markets by opening the first Zucchetti export office in Milan, and then in 1958 came the first significant overseas contracts; Canada and Australia became important new markets for the firm.
In 1970 was founded the second company of the Group, Zucchetti Mario S.p.A., specialized in hot forging of brass and other metal alloys. While Omez S.p.A. dedicated to molding of plastics, was established in 1983.
These were the seventies when the company begins its journey through the world of design. Mario Zucchetti, president of the new Zucchetti SpA, strongly believed in the importance of the design image of any product, as a synthesis of ..